Re: QUantifiable reasons to use debian instead of redhat...?

On Thu, Dec 10, 1998 at 12:44:13PM -0800, Marc Barnett wrote:
> What I need is a lists of reasons, logical supportable reasons, that I could
> use to convice a change of standardization. Quite literally, this will decide
> what the next 50-100 systems will look like. DO they run Redhat or Debian...

One thing I find particularly attractive is that Debian is FSSTND
compliant, and I think going towards FHS compliance.  I don't know for
sure, but from what I've heard, some RPMs tend to be sloppy when it
comes to placing files and such.

Debian is not motivated by profit, so when a new Debian release
cometh, you can be sure it's been tested to a full extent.  I think
Redhat 5.0 or something was a nightmare, i.e. the had lots of bugs
surface due to lack of testing and premature release.  It's similar to
Debian calling their "unstable" systems a the current production
release.

--
Matt Garman, garman@uiuc.edu
"They're always havin' a good time down on the bayou,