Rover fetch!

I finally was able to setup my Linux box to work with the NE2000 card.  Now  the next question is:  should I use fetchmail or smail to send/receive emails from my POP account?

I ran smailconfig and selected the 1 option.  Then I created my .fetchmailrc with the ff:

poll pop-server proto pop3
  user xman with password ------ is rino here
  smtphost xx.xx.xx.xx no keep fetchall flush

Then I ran /usr/bin/fetchmail.  It flushed several messages but I don't know where they are in my Linux box?  Is this the correct way?  TIA.
BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:2.1
N:Mardo;Rino
FN:Rino Mardo
ORG:Obaid Humaid Al-Tayer;IT Department
TITLE:Network and Systems Administrator
NOTE:Certified Lotus Professional, R4 Administrator
TEL;WORK;VOICE:+971 4 825000
TEL;WORK;FAX:+971 4 824901
ADR;WORK:;;P.O. Box 2623;Dubai;;;United Arab Emirates
LABEL;WORK;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:P.O. Box 2623=0D=0ADubai=0D=0AUnited Arab Emirates
URL:http://members.tripod.com/~rinom/
EMAIL;PREF;INTERNET:rmardo@lycosmail.com
EMAIL;INTERNET:rmardo@altayer.com
EMAIL;INTERNET:rmardo@hotmail.com