Re: Still clueless

Hello,

I may have missed the initial thread on this, but if you want to
install a Network card based on Intel Ethernet chipset.

If this is the case then do the following:

* Login as root
* On the command line type the command: modconf
* Use the arrow keys to scroll down to the net section, then
press enter
* Use the arrow keys to scroll down to the entry that says:

3c59x  -  3Com Vortex 3c59x

then press enter.

* Select Install module in the kernel
* You are then asked for any parameters you want to add, you
should not need any, so press enter.
* The program will then attempt to load the module, it will tell
you if it was successful or not.
* If it was not successful, then you may have to provide some
parameters, but I didnt have to when using this type of card
inside a Dell Optiplex.

If this is relevant to your problem but you still have no
success, let me know.

John.