Re: Rover fetch!

*-"Rino Mardo" <rmardo@lycosmail.com>

| [1  <multipart/alternative>]
|
| [1.1  <text/plain; iso-8859-1 (quoted-printable)>]
| I finally was able to setup my Linux box to work with the NE2000 card.  Now  the next question is:  should I use fetchmail or smail to send/receive emails from my POP account?

You should probably use fetchmail to receive and smail to send.

| I ran smailconfig and selected the 1 option.  Then I created my .fetchmailrc with the ff:
|
| poll pop-server proto pop3
|   user xman with password ------ is rino here
|   smtphost xx.xx.xx.xx no keep fetchall flush
|
| Then I ran /usr/bin/fetchmail.  It flushed several messages but I don't know where they are in my Linux box?  Is this the correct way?  TIA.

If everything is set up properly, they should be in
/var/spool/mail/rino. If they are there, 'mail', 'mutt' or
whatever MUA you use (except gnus) should find them automatically.

If they are not there, you may want to instruct fetchmail to keep
the messages on the POP server, and run it with -v to see if anything
looks weird. Post the output here if can't figure it out.

--
A mathematician is a machine for converting coffee to theorems
                                        (Erd\H{o}s P&aacute;l)