Re: Dual Booting w/Lilo ?

Fist you need to boot up under linux, then using your favorite text editor (I like vi) open up your
/etc/lilo.conf file.

delete the line that says 'delay=<some number>'
replace it with the word 'prompt'

Then move to the end of the file, and add these lines:

other=/dev/hda<partition number>
table=/dev/hda
label=95

If you're not sure which partition your W95 and Linux partions are on, switch to another terminal
(Alt-F2), logon, and type: fdisk   Then at the prompt type the letter 'p' and enter. Your Windows95
partition will be your other primary partition (it must have the number 1, 2, 3, or 4.  Anything
above number 4 is a logical drive that is living in an extended partition.)

Then you want to make the Linux partition bootable (which you can do either from Linux or
Windows95) using fdisk.  If you use Linux's fdisk, be sure that you only have one partition
marked as being active.

Sean