Dual Booting w/Lilo ?

  From:
        AJ <artlu@intergrafix.net>

Hello,
im a sort of *new* debian user (used it like 3 years on shells..
installed it like 3 weeks ago). anyway heres my question:
Right now im booting from a linux bootdisk which a) takes a few minutes
and b) is a pain in th ass...
Now i know if i use lilo linux will boot only but i also have a
windows95 partition that i need to use for some stuff like games and
junk that i cant do in linux.
Is it possible that when i turn on my computer i get a 'BOOT:' prompt
and i can type either: 'win' for windows or 'linux' for linux using
Lilo? if i can.. can someone give me an example of there lilo.conf file

thanx (sorry if this sounds confusing i didnt know how to write it any
other way),
AJ
Sure...just ad the following two lines to your /etc/lilo.conf:

other = /dev/hda1
label = windows

then run /sbin/lilo to write to disk.

This assumes that your windows partition is the first on your hard
disk, with linux being the second and third (for swap and os)

Now at the boot prompt (or at the lilo prompt hit left space to get
the boot prompt) type linux or windows.  If you forget what labels you
have, then hit <tab> at the boot prompt.  Do nothing (if lilo is
configured not to prompt, with a timeout) and you get linux by
default.  You can of course make windows the default if you want by
specifing windows as the first thing lilo tries to boot.

See man pages for lilo.conf and lilo.