Re: Dual Booting w/Lilo ?

AJ wrote:
  >Is it possible that when i turn on my computer i get a 'BOOT:' prompt
  >and i can type either: 'win' for windows or 'linux' for linux using
  >Lilo? if i can.. can someone give me an example of there lilo.conf file

Here's a sample /etc/lilo.conf that allows booting from a choice of
kernels as well as Windows 95.  This configuration delays for 20 deciseconds before booting the first image in the list.  If you press <CTRL> before the
time limit expires, you get a prompt.  lilo also has options to prompt by default, and to timeout and boot the default if the prompt is not answered within some time limit.  Edit to fit your circumstances and then
run /sbin/lilo to implement it:

boot=/dev/hda3
root=/dev/hda3
install=/boot/boot.b
map=/boot/map
vga=normal
delay=20
# Linux
image=/boot/vmlinuz-2.1.125
  label=Linux
  append="mem=96m aic7xxx=ultra parport=auto"
  read-only
# Linux
image=/boot/vmlinuz-2.0.33
  label=Linux-33
  append="mem=96m aic7xxx=ultra"
  read-only
# Linux
image=/boot/vmlinuz-2.0.34
  label=Linux-34
  append="mem=96m aic7xxx=ultra"
  read-only
# Windows 95
other=/dev/hda1
  label=Win95

If your Linux root partition is not on the same drive as your DOS/Windows C:
partition, you must make boot=/dev/hda (1st IDE drive) or /dev/sda (first
SCSI drive), whichever holds the C: partition.

If they are on the same drive, you can have boot the same as your root
partition, as I do here.  This is somewhat safer.

     "Behold, happy is the man whom God correcteth.
      Therefore despise thou not the chastening of the
      Almighty."         Job 5:17