Re: Kernel compile problem

Roger Franz <franzrw@diac.com> writes:

> I got a sound card (my wife insisted on having a sound card), and am now
> trying to recompile the kernel to include support for it.
>
> I've got the configuration set up, and everything appears to be correct.
>
> I run make-kpkg, and it runs until I get this:
>
> 	gcc:  Internal compiler error: Program cc1 got fatal signal 11.
>
> This apparently occurs at random points during the run of the compile;
> this particular one occurred while compiling init.o.  Previous errors
> have occurred at floppy.o, keyboard.o, pty.o.  I get the same error
> trying to compile the kernel manually (make clean, make config, make
> dep, make zImage).

I think you should read the sig11 FAQ at
http://www.bitwizard.nl/sig11/. It could help you a bit. btw, I'm
having same kind of problems, but sometimes my machine lockups
completely. I haven't investigated what's the cause. I can still
compile kernels, I just use 'make-kpkg kernel_image' again. It
continues there it left before the lockup and the compiled kernel
works fine.

Sorry about my english,
Kalle Valo