Re: Kernel compile problem

On Sun, Nov 29, 1998 at 07:06:29PM +0000, Roger Franz wrote:

>       gcc:  Internal compiler error: Program cc1 got fatal signal 11.

Ohh, nasty. AFAIR this means you have some bad mem or cpu (more likely
memory). I could be wrong.

I once got some messages like the above.  I re-loaded the kernel
sources, re-configured and tried again -- and the problem went away.
Maybe a 'make clean' would have helped, then again maybe my kernel
sources really did get corrupted somehow.  I think this did happen the
first time I tried to compile sound.  I did happen on after the 3rd or
4th compile of the kernel however.  This was under debian 1.3.1 and I
seem to remember that the sound configuration option was sortof broken
under 1.3.1 (not all of the options could be selected.  did not have
the problem under slackware, or debian 2.0).