re:re:How to Config XF98_MGA

At 98-11-30 13:21:00, you wrote:
>On Sun, 29 Nov 1998, Cesare Tagliaferri wrote:
>
>> On dom, 29 nov 1998, cj wrote:
>> >Hi!
>> >
>> >   My computer's card is Matrox AGP G100,Now I downloaded a
server XF98_MGA.It's only one
file
>> >after uncompress and i put it to /usr/bin/X11,change the
config in /etc/XF86Config and
Xserver.
>> >But it doesn't work.After startx,it report can't find the
server.

>> Did you update the symbolic links "/usr/bin/X11/X" and
"/etc/X11/X" ? They must
>> point to your server.
>>

>NO! X is a wrapper script in Debian, which calls the Server
itself. As
>mentioned, check that the absolute path to your Server is on the
first
>line of /etc/X11/Xserver.  All that the wrapper script does, is
setup some
>security bits and pieces.
>
>                       Michael Beattie (mickyb@es.co.nz)

I have set the first line of /etc/X11/Xserver to my
/usr/bin/X11/XF98_MGA before i mail
the letter.After startx,it report the server type is SVGA,and
support Matrox G100.But below
the message of font,it report fatal error of not find the
configured device or what i assigned
in the Screen section of XF86Config is not what it's recognized
server.Now I can only use
640x480,16 colors in VGA16.I don't like it.
Is there the way the make it run?
                                                        cj