Re: Linux Tips & Tricks

pat@patoche.org wrote:

> Just to let you know all that i've started a project called Linux Tips and
> Tricks (http://www.patoche.org/LTT) in which i'm collecting tips i find.
> Since i use Debian and read this mailing-list i will put tips sent here.
> In fact there are the majority of tips i already have (around 60).

This looks like a good idea, though I curious to see how you will
organize it when your database of tips gets very large (for example
over 10K tips).  A search engine will undoubtably be needed...

> If someone feels it inapropriate for me to put the contents of their email sent
> to this mailing-list just let me know. (the origin of each tip is mentionned on
> the web page)

I don't think people will think it inappropriate for you to publish
their suggestions organized in this way (this is not dissimilar to
FAQs or the FAQ-O-Matic) but I do think it is inappropriate for you to
not credit the individuals who wrote the tip as well as copyrighting
them in your name.

I think that if you gave credit to the actual authors of the tips and
removed the "(c) patoche.org" from the LTT pages which are not
entirely your content I think it would be a very good resource for a
lot of people.

Regards,
Keith