Re: "simple" three-d graphs

> I'm not finding, in the list of usual suspects, a program to do the
> type of simple graphing I need.
>
> I only need this to make illustrative diagrams, not for real data.
>
> What I'd like is a 3D plot of a handful of cubes, with a line
> connecting their center.  Ideally, each cube could show itself sliced
> into a bunch of regions like
>

>      _________
>     /\__\__\__\
>    /\/\__\__\__\
>   /\/\/\__\__\__\
>   \/\/\/__/__/__/
>    \/\/__/__/__/
>     \/__/__/__/
>
> with the line going through the middle region.

I don't exactly get how simple these drawings will be, but if they are
going to be really simple, you might as well try to draw them in xfig,
which is easy for line drawings.  Just use a coarse grid and it will be
easy getting your lines straight enough :)

HTH,
Eric

--
 E.L. Meijer (tgakem@chem.tue.nl)          | tel. office +31 40 2472189
 Eindhoven Univ. of Technology             | tel. lab.   +31 40 2475032