Re: CD vendors

On Mon, 23 Nov 1998, J.H.M. Dassen (Ray) wrote:

>On Mon, Nov 23, 1998 at 12:41:53 +0000, Magnus Peterson wrote:
>> On the Debian web-site you list four vendors of Debian CDs within the
>> United Kingdom.  Two of the sites listed are currently dead.  They are
>>
>> http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~stevem/DebianCD/
>>
>> http://tree.home.ml.org/
>
>IIRC, ml.org provides DNS and other services for hosts that aren't
>necessarily permanently connected; it may just be offline.
>
>> Is there any explanation for this?
>
>Explanation for what?
>Why they're dead? I don't know.
>Why they're still listed? Because apperantly so far nobody noticed it and
>decided to act in the way the page suggests: "Please send comments or
>corrections on these pages to webmaster@debian.org".

I'm just about to fix my link; I only just got listed a week ago and I've
been at Comdex so I've not had a chance to put a web page up yet. If
people email me about Debian CDs I am producing them. Please don't pull
the link just yet...

--
Steve McIntyre, Allstor Software         smcintyr@allstor-sw.co.uk
"Can't keep my eyes from the circling sky,