TCP Wrappers

Can anyone tell me how to get around the following problem:

I have tcp wrappers set up in inetd.conf.  When I try to telnet to the
server, it takes quite a long time before I get the prompt. In
hosts.allow I have set up ...

ALL: 192.

... which should be allowing all internal hosts onto the machine without
having to do reverse resolution. However, it still is. If I add my ip to
the /etc/hosts file, then I get the login prompt IMMEDIATELY on connect.

What can I do to have the wrappers NOT do a reverse lookup. I am
thinking perhaps the tcpd maintainer may have compiled PARANOID into the
package, but I can not confirm that this may be the case. I definitely
do not wish to add each workstation in the /etc/hosts file, since having
several hundred entries is pretty ugly.

Any help would be really appreciated.

--
Dana M. Epp