Re: How big is my H/D ?

Nathan E Norman <finn@midco.net> writes:

> On the other hand, Linux doesn't need the BIOS information at all (I
> have a few machines where the BIOS has no idea I've even got IDE drives,
> but Linux knows).  If you're only running Linux you're ok.

Not quite.  If you're using LILO to boot off the drive, /boot/vmlinuz
has to be in a part of the disk that the BIOS sees.  The easiest way
to do this is to make a small /boot partition at the start of the drive.

"Is there anyone who actually believes that USAicans are so modest or
intellectually honest as to be unable to find someone to sue?" - Cameron Laird