Re: Error in reiciving mail

Carmen Correia wrote:

  >When I try to read my mail I receive an error, and, in the
  >´messages.log´ file of the Linux machine I have the following messages:
  >
  >in.qpopper[1114] : Unable to open temporary maildrop
  >´/var/spool/pop/carmen.pop´ : no such file or directory (2)
  >
  >in.qpopper[1114] : -ERR System error, can´t open temporary file, do
  >you own it ?
  >
  >Probably I have to configure something in the Linux but I don´t know
  >what and  how. Can you help me ?

Check the status of /var/spool/pop/ thus:

$ ls -ld /var/spool/pop /var/spool/pop/*

If /var/spool/pop does not exist, use mkdir to create it

If it does, and /var/spool/pop/carmen.pop does not exist, look at the permissions of /var/spool/pop, to make sure that you are allowed to write
in that directory.

If /var/spool/pop/carmen.pop does exist, check its permissions and
ownership to make sure you are allowed to write to it.

Use chmod to change permissions.

     "Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace
      with God through our Lord Jesus Christ."    Romans 5:1