keyboard switchers

I have to run both an NT and my Debian box for some time at least
yet.  I'd like to use a switchboard switcher so I only have to have
one keyboard on the very crowded desk.  I have one and it used to
work fine for two NT systems and for Win95 systems though I gave
it up when someone told me NT tests to see if the keyboard is still
there from time to time behaves very badly if it's not (sounded
plausible M$ daftness but I wasn't actually convinced though I was
having keyboard lock ups - they continued after I ditched the
switcher.

Anyone know if Linux/Debian (Hamm) gets irritated if it finds no
keyboard where one was a few minutes/hours before?

TIA

Chris

Chris Evans, R&D Consultant,
Tavistock & Portman NHS Trust