Re: keyboard switchers

I have done this multiple times with Debian (or any linux dist) with
absolutly no problems.  The only problem I actually had was when it
rebooted... :)  I was too lazy to go fix the bios so that it wouldn't stop
with an error if no keyboard was found.

You can even use a switch box that includes the mouse with no probs..it
just takes a few secs for it to get happy.

Ivan

On Mon, 16 Nov 1998, Chris Evans wrote:

> I have to run both an NT and my Debian box for some time at least
> yet.  I'd like to use a switchboard switcher so I only have to have
> one keyboard on the very crowded desk.  I have one and it used to
> work fine for two NT systems and for Win95 systems though I gave
> it up when someone told me NT tests to see if the keyboard is still
> there from time to time behaves very badly if it's not (sounded
> plausible M$ daftness but I wasn't actually convinced though I was
> having keyboard lock ups - they continued after I ditched the
> switcher.
>
> Anyone know if Linux/Debian (Hamm) gets irritated if it finds no
> keyboard where one was a few minutes/hours before?
>
> TIA
>

> Chris
>

> Chris Evans, R&D Consultant,
> Tavistock & Portman NHS Trust

Rev. Krusty
   aka
Ivan Moore II
rkrusty@tdyc.com
http://www.tdyc.com
     -export-a-crypto-system-sig -RSA-3-lines-PERL