Re: Help...

Hello Martin Bialasinski <martin@internet-treff.uni-koeln.de>,

> >> "MBC" == Michael B Capozzi <mbc1780@osfmail.isc.rit.edu> writes:
>
> MBC> I was wondering if there was any preset set of packages, that
> MBC> would give me what I needed without having to go crazy trying to choose
> MBC> from 1500 or so packages.
>
> On the first run, just after installing the boot floppies, you are
> given a choice of preselecting packages "Home-box", "developement box"
> etc.

Now, if that'd be available later, that'd be nice...

> MBC> The documentation of dselect is somewhat cryptic and difficult to
> MBC> understand.

Well, dselect itself is cryptic and difficult to understand :-)

I think the main thing that bites users is this: in most situations,
you want to press + instead of enter.

The enter key confirms the whole screen and exits.

If you press + on something and it pops up a shorter list of
selections, then you can either accept them (with enter), modify
them with + and -,  or undo them with an upper-case R and make
different ones.

HTH

Jiri <jiri@baum.com.au>

We'll know the future has arrived when every mailer transparently
quotes lines that begin with "From ", but no-one remembers why.