Re: Help...

>> "MBC" == Michael B Capozzi <mbc1780@osfmail.isc.rit.edu> writes:

MBC> I was wondering if there was any preset set of packages, that
MBC> would give me what I needed without having to go crazy trying to choose
MBC> from 1500 or so packages.

On the first run, just after installing the boot floppies, you are
given a choice of preselecting packages "Home-box", "developement box"
etc.
This is a cludge, so it gets deleted after the first run. The UI also
has some "quirks". You can't go back one screen.

MBC> The documentation of dselect is somewhat cryptic and difficult to
MBC> understand.

Did you read
ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/stable/main/disks-i386/current/dselect.beginner.html
?

MBC> Also I was wondering if there was any way to configure LILO
MBC> before it chooses to install Linux as the only bootable
MBC> partition.  Cause I also run Win95 for games.

Then just edit /etc/lilo.conf after installation and run lilo.

Or just create a bootable floppy during installation. Customize
/etc/lilo.conf to your needs and run lilo.

Ciao,
	Martin