Debian Base Install - Stuck in beginning

Hello,
I've installed Debian before with no problem, so I didn't expect trouble
with
the Base installation - just with XFree86 ;^).
However, I'm stuck. Booted on resc1440.bin floppy, no boot parameters. It
recognized my hard drive, Zip, and CDROM. No error messages that I can see.
Chose Color, and hit Enter at the intro screen. The next screen is "The
installation program is determining the current state of your system". It
gets
stuck right there. I tried a different floppy, and downloading resc1440.bin
again, no good. The next thing I'll try is the DOS partition/Loadlin
method,
but the floppy should have worked, so I don't expect the loadlin to work
either.
I'm running a Dell PII 266, 64 MBs RAM, Matrox Millenium card.
Thanks!