Re: how do I read both local and NNTP news?

Hello Jason Lunz <j@cc.gatech.edu>,

> I've up gateways from some mailing lists I'm on (including this one) to
> local newsgroups. This wasn't too hard to do, but now that they're there
> trn refuses to read them. It only reads news via NNTP.

I don't know trn, but most newsreaders can do both. What does trn do
if you don't give it the name of an NNTP server?

The alternative method would be to get the newsgroups you want all on
the local machine (with suck or leafnode or something), which would
have the advantage that you don't need to be online to read them.

Jiri <jiri@baum.com.au>