Re: Changing netcard

>> "TP" == Tomas Petersson <tomas.petersson@pir.se> writes:

TP> I have to change my netcard. The current card is
TP> a NE2000 compatible ISA, but the new card is PCI
TP> of (yet) unknown brand. What do I have to reconfigure?

Make sure the card can be used in Linux (that is the chipset is
good. NE clones are a bitch sometimes). You have to recomplie the
kernel.
2.0.35 does have support for PCI NE2000 cards (have one on my own).

The next steps depend on how you used your old card. If you made it a
module, check /etc/modules, /etc/conf.modules

Ciao,
	Martin