sparc slowdown bug?

I have a SPARCStations 1 running debian (potato) with the 2.0.35 kernel
from the distribution (recompiled, but with all the source patches). It is
currently ust sitting at home connected to my pc via ethernet, it is only
running about 7 process including kernel process - basically the bare
minumum.

My problem is that after sitting for a day or so the memory used
which started at about 8 megs becomes about 40 megs. I have turned off
alot of the cron scripts such as the one that updates the locatedb and
other things. Also the system appears to ust plain old get slow. Is the
the dreaded slow down bug I have read about in sun4c's? I thought that
there were patches for it and wondered if the debian's 2.0.35 sparc source
included them?

Help is a must, since I can't put this thing into action until I solve
this problem, any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ben Collins <b.m.collins@larc.nasa.gov>
UnixGroup Admin - Jordan Systems Inc. - CSC