Re: Debian Questions

	Subject: Re: Debian Questions
	Date: Wed, Oct 28, 1998 at 10:43:14PM +0200

Quoting Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho(antkaij@cc.jyu.fi):

> On Wed, Oct 28, 1998 at 03:30:28PM +0000, wtopa@ix.netcom.com wrote:
> > because it needs an MTA and doesn't know about qmail.
>
> Use the qmail-src package available at a mirror of the non-free
> section near you.

Thanks for the suggestion.  The problem with the qmail-src package, for
me, is that it puts qmail files all over the system. That would really
confuse a newcomer to debian. ie The FAQ says to test using
/var/qmail/bin/qmail-inject and it doesn't work, because qmail-inject
is in /usr/sbin and there are no link from the qmail/bin dir.  Very
confusing.  Qmail is a bear to understand all by itself without the
added cunfusion.

  The stock qmail program itself only goes into /var/qmail, which is how
I prefer it.

  Another thing, when I built qmail-src and tried to
install it with the built-in scriþtp, if failed, because procmail was
not installed.  Catch-22 isn't it.

Thanks for the suggestion tho.  It was a learning experience!

Wayne