Re: Debian Questions

On Wed, Oct 28, 1998 at 09:24:44PM +0000, wtopa@ix.netcom.com wrote:
> /var/qmail/bin/qmail-inject and it doesn't work, because qmail-inject
> is in /usr/sbin and there are no link from the qmail/bin dir.  Very
> confusing.

Do you know what was confusing to me when I first tried qmail?

           Why on earth are there *binaries* in */var*?

It does not make sense to me.  /var is for variable state, not for
executables.  And I was a Linux newbie back then.

> Qmail is a bear to understand all by itself without the added
> cunfusion.

Then again, it's confusing to see binaries where they don't belong.

        Antti-Juhani
--
Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho A7 <gaia@iki.fi> ** <URL:http://www.iki.fi/gaia/> **

                       The FAQ is your friend.