Re: Debian Questions

On Wed, Oct 28, 1998 at 09:24:44PM +0000, wtopa@ix.netcom.com wrote:
>   The stock qmail program itself only goes into /var/qmail, which is how
> I prefer it.

If we installed every upstream program where the stock installation
goes, it would be an extremely difficult system to use and administer.
Even Slackware doesn't do this.

This is why the FSSTND (file system standard) and FHS
(filesystem hierarchy(?) standard) exist.

The fascination with qmail escapes me. The author seems to be
recalcitrant.

Hamish