Re: Debian Questions

	Subject: Re: Debian Questions
	Date: Wed, Oct 28, 1998 at 11:06:21PM +0100

Quoting debian-user-request@lists.debian.org(debian-user-request@lists.debian.org):

> >> "w" == wtopa  <wtopa@ix.netcom.com> writes:
>
> w> 1. The debian policy manual Section 3.4 System Run Levels talks about
> w> symbolic links in the /etc/rcn.d directories.  All of my rc[0-S].d
> w> directories are empty.  Upateprc.d man page says updates those same
> w> directories.  It doesn't do that on my slink setup.  Am i reading this
> w> all wrong?
>
> Maybe you installed the file-rc package. This is an alternative scheme
> (one file instead of the symlinks).
>
> Ciao,
> 	Martin

Martin
  I'm not sure which package file it was in (probably debian-policy)
but i was reading the debian-policy file.  I didn't change whatever
the 2.0 CD set-up.  I have upgraded to slink, but again, I didn't
change the method used so I thought I would learn about it from the
policy manual.  Ok, I just looked and yes, I do have file-rc
installed!(?)  How I don't know but its here.  Now I have some more
docs to read.  I know I never selected it when I installed 2.o so it
must have been changed by my apt-get upgrade.  Live & learn.

Thanks Maetin, I would never have check into that but for you post.

Wayne