Re: Catch-22 - Help!

At 06:37 PM 10/28/98 -0600, Andy Kennedy wrote:
>On Wed, 28 Oct 1998, Jerry E. McGoveran wrote:
>
>> I have a Debian installation in which the ethernet card driver is
>> apparently not installed.  There were some errors at this stage of
>> the installation process, but the screen drew and reset to the inst.
>> menu too fast to read anything.  I finished the installation, and
>> now I need to update the kernel and the drivers.  I can't compile a
>> kernel (downloaded 2.0.35 src) because I don't have gcc.  I can't install
>> the gcc package because I don't have network access in Linux - only under
>> Win95.A
>
>Gcc is available at sunsite.unc.edu and most of the mirrors.  Download it
>w/ win95 and then use tar to "unpack" it.

Oh.  I had assumed that it had to be installed via the package route.
Silly me.

Thanks for the help!

-Jerry

Certus Consulting Group               | Specializing in Integrated Circuit
Antioch, CA 94509                     | Design and Verification, Logic
(925)757-0685                         | Synthesis, Fault Grading, and
<http://www.certus.com>               | Test Development