Re: debian-user-digest Digest V98 #1207

On Wed, 28 Oct 1998, Clovis Sena wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> so is that possible? How can I print to Novell network printer, where i
> put the queues?
>
> NOTE: I work in a environment that includes Win95+dos6.22 as clients,
> Win NT and Novell 3.12 as servers ( running a mix of database+ intranet
> nad internet access + mail(most uses outlooks/messenger) )   ; so I
> would like to introduce Linux as a option as server ( files + web
> services) as workstation ( that needs access all of these resources. Its
> driving me crasy! So I need helP :>).

I am in a similar situation.  I mount the novell filesystem using ncpfs, but
I don't use the ncpfs printing stuff.  I just use the following lines in
/etc/printcap

# printer on a novell file server ---

     staff|staff|esestaffhp LaserJet IV: \
# plato is the novell server
# esestaffhp is novell's name for the printer
        :lp=:rm=plato.ens.gu.edu.au:rp=esestaffhp:\
# I had to make these directories manually
        :sd=/var/spool/lpd/staff: \
        :lf=/var/spool/lpd/staff/errs: \
# I don't use an input filter
#       :if=/var/spool/lpd/staff/input_filter: \
# I'm not certain, but I think this is the bit that allows me to send
# further arguments like -s -h to the printer
        :mx#0: \
        :sh:

----
Robert King, || The Society for the Preservation of Tithesis commends your
Environmental|| ebriated and scrutable use of "delible" and "defatigable",
Science,     || which are gainly, sipid and couth.  We are gruntled and
Griffith Uni,|| consolate that you have the ertia and eptitude to choose such
Australia    || putably pensible tithesis, which we parage. - Evan Kirshenbaum

    Robert.King@ens.gu.edu.au    http://www.ens.gu.edu.au/robertk/index.htm