Re: **IMPORTANT** Slink sendmail and libdb2

John Goerzen wrote:
> Remco van de Meent <remco@debian.org> writes:
>> They default to /etc/mail, except for aliases.db, which should be in /etc
>> (Debian Policy, 4.5).
>
> I know what policy says, but this is not how it works.  mailertable,
> etc. are in /etc and not /etc/mail.

You can put them wherever you want.  Just use something like this in your
/etc/mail/sendmail.mc:

FEATURE(mailertable, `hash -o /etc/mail/mailertable')

> It's a pain to manually have to run a long makemap command each time
> something is updated.  There has GOT to be a better way...

You can put a make file in /etc/mail to do the dirty work.  Then all you
need to do to update the databases is to go to /etc/mail and type "make".
--
       /'"`\  zzzZ  | My PGP Public Key is available at:
      ( - - )       | <http://home1.inet.tele.dk/renehl/>