Re: **IMPORTANT** Slink sendmail and libdb2

Remco van de Meent <remco@debian.org> writes:

> On Tue, Oct 27, 1998 at 08:35:35AM -0600, John Goerzen wrote:
>
>  : Would it be possible for the sendmailconfig to update these databases?
>  : It wouldn't be that hard, I think.  Also, how about updating the defailts
>  : so that they are stored in /etc/mail instead of /etc?
>
> They default to /etc/mail, except for aliases.db, which should be in /etc
> (Debian Policy, 4.5).

I know what policy says, but this is not how it works.  mailertable,
etc. are in /etc and not /etc/mail.

> Because of the different db-structures you can use (hash, btree, etc.), I'd
> say don't let an automatic install program update those databases. It should
> even be able to process customized sendmail.cf's in order to work without
> failure. I personally wouldn't want any program changing those databases
> itself...

It's a pain to manually have to run a long makemap command each time
something is updated.  There has GOT to be a better way...

--
John Goerzen   Linux, Unix consulting & programming   jgoerzen@complete.org |
Visit the Air Capital Linux Users Group on the web at http://www.aclug.org