Re: Notification of incoming telnet sessions..

Michael Beattie wrote:
> On Tue, 27 Oct 1998, Petter Adsen wrote:
>> Michael Beattie writes:
>> | I want to be able to have some form of notification when a telnet
>> | connection is made to my linux box, most likely in the form of playing an
>> [snip]
>>
>> You can probably do this with tcpwrappers. See the manpages for
>> hosts_access(5) and tcpd(8).
>
> Hmmm.. thanks... I'll look into that one too.

Actually, it should be pretty easy.  You can just use the "spawn" option
on the in.telnetd line in /etc/hosts.allow (see hosts_access(5) and
hosts_options(5)).  Something like this will work:

in.telnetd: ALL: spawn /usr/bin/play /your/favourite/aufile &: ALLOW
--
       /'"`\  zzzZ  | My PGP Public Key is available at:
      ( - - )       | <http://home1.inet.tele.dk/renehl/>