dselect Woes

Hello,

I am trying to install the Debian Release 2.0 (CheapBytes) and am having trouble with the dselect utility. If I am reading the help file correctly one can highlight "all packages", press return, and then proceed to installation.
When I do that there are an enormous number of packages that are not installed. (I would think "all packages" would mean exactly that but it apparently does not.) I have also tried selecting the packages of interest only to result
in an installation that ls X* would show X86Config under /etc but ls -l would not. More could also not find the X86Config file. Rather than puzzle out why this was happening on a new install I am simply reinstalling the entire
system. Comments or suggestions for dealing with dselect?

Patrick

Patrick Durusau
pdurusau@mediaone.net