Re: Desperately in need of a Database app....

:If you are one of those extravagent people who has more than one
:computer, you could always run something like PostgreSQL or mySQL and
:use their ODBC drivers to use them as a backend, but do all your
:database design on Access... I'm thinking of doing this myself at the
:moment with my homicide database, but I'm still trying to work out how
:to tell mySQL that my other computer is allowed to connect to it...

I have attempted to set up ODBC with Postgres, and I think I got the ODBC
part working (I'm doing this for my work, trying to come up with an
alternative to M$ SQL :) but I've no clue how to make Access talk to
Postgres...if anyone got this working, I would appreciate any and all
hints and suggestions :)

---
"At least they're EXPERIENCED incompetents"

D'jinnie/Jinn, encountered on IRC and select MU**. (jinn@irony.org)
finger jinn@irony.org for PGP public key