debian list archives under netscape

Hi,

I have experienced problems with netscape freezing up when accessing
debian's mailing list archives (debian-user, debian-development).
This has happened intermittently with every netscape version I have
used as far back as I can remember.  I have never known where the
problem really is (my setup, netscape, debian web server).  I just
installed 4.5b2 from slink and finally decided to see if anyone
else has the same problem.

What happens is that sometimes, clicking on the month tag (say Oct)
starts to download and it gets only part way.  Netscape then displays
that little clock like it is downloading but it never finishes.  It
also never lets me do anything else.  Completely frozen.  I have to
kill it and then remove the lock file by hand.  This occurs on multiple
computers all running debian.  Anyone know why?

Also, if I get the listings downloaded and read a particular entry,
when I click on "back" it always reloads the whole list.  I have not
disabled caching so I assume it has something to do with the way the
list is setup on the server.  Is this normal?  The page for a whole
month gets large quickly so it would be really nice to cache it
during any given session.

I would file a bug report if I could figure out that a bug exists and
in which package.  It may well be my fault somehow.

thanks,
Stuart