Re: [Dual boot] dual boot NT and debian?

Nikolai Andreyevich Luzan wrote:

> On Fri, 16 Oct 1998, Mrpeabody wrote:
>
> > I currently have debian running on a ide drive on my computer and I have
> > recently purchases a scsi drive so that I can boot windows from the
> > scsi.  Can I use lilo to tell it to boot the scsi drive up and run
> > windows?  Trying to make a dual boot machine.
>
> I only know two people running dual boot NT/linux (actually tri-boot
> NT/95/linux) and they inform me that lilo won't boot NT or NT need the
> mbr or something and so they have to use the NT bootloader and loadlin
> to get linux bootstraped.

Yes.  I'm dual-booting NT and Linux.  I'm using something called
"boopart".
You use lilo to install a boot record on your root partion (not the
mbr),
and let bootpart create a chain loader for NT.  I just did it this
morning.
Can't remember where I got bootpart from though.

Dale