Re: X and keyboard layouts

Mike Touloumtzis (miket@geoworks.com) wrote...
> I use a Dvorak keyboard, and I didn't have to do any keyboard
> reconfiguration under X other than the mandatory Delete/BackSpace
> business.  I was pretty surprised it went so well, actually.
> I'm not using the XKEYBOARD extension, which doesn't have a good Dvorak
> map (I heard one had been added to the Open Group's X source, but it
> hasn't made its way to XF86 and/or Debian yet).  If you haven't already
> disabled XKEYBOARD in your XF86Config, try that.

Aha, that was just the hint I needed!  XkbDisable has fixed it all
up, only now my backspace/delete thing's broken again.  *laughs*  I
can manage to fix that, though.

bekj

--
: --Neophilic-Hacker-Grrl-Geek-Eclectic-Gay-Disabled-Boychick--
: gossamer@tertius.net.au  http://www.tertius.net.au/~gossamer/