X and keyboard layouts

I've just switched from RedHat (ohh, it's a convert!  :)) and
I've -nearrrrlry- got the hang of this all, now.  Finally.

One of the last remaining annoyances:  I use a modified dvorak
keyboard layout (ie: not-quite-dvorak, but close) and do most of
my work in text-mode consoles.  But sometimes I have to boot up
X to run Netscape or PilotManager.

RedHad's X setup had -something- that automatically pulled my
keyboard layout out of loadkeys and put it into X so I -didn't-
have to figure out a xmodmap file (which I don't have made
up) and all that stuff.

I figure Debian can prob'ly do anything RedHat can do ... is there
a way for this?

bekj

--
: --Neophilic-Hacker-Grrl-Geek-Eclectic-Gay-Disabled-Boychick--
: gossamer@tertius.net.au  http://www.tertius.net.au/~gossamer/