Re: X and keyboard layouts

Bek Oberin hat gesagt: // Bek Oberin wrote:

> One of the last remaining annoyances:  I use a modified dvorak
> keyboard layout (ie: not-quite-dvorak, but close) and do most of
> my work in text-mode consoles.  But sometimes I have to boot up
> X to run Netscape or PilotManager.
>
> RedHad's X setup had -something- that automatically pulled my
> keyboard layout out of loadkeys and put it into X so I -didn't-
> have to figure out a xmodmap file (which I don't have made
> up) and all that stuff.
>
> I figure Debian can prob'ly do anything RedHat can do ... is there
> a way for this?

I don't know if debian has this automatized like Redhat somewhere, but you
can use "xkeycaps" to generate a xmodmap file for your layout.
But maybe you can setup your keyboard with the basic X configuration tool
/usr/bin/X11/XF86Setup or /usr/sbin/xbase-configure.
--
						     __    __
 Frank Barknecht	   ____ ______   ____ __ trip\ \  / /wire ______