Re: More robust filesystem?

Stephen J. Carpenter writes:

 > 1) Stop it from happening...
 > cut the wires that goto the reset button...replace it with a key
 > switch.... other bits of wiring...

Then people will use the power off switch. And I can't cut that off
because it's used to switch the workstations off when the lab closes!

 > 2) mount as much as possible read-only. (/usr /etc )

This is probably what I will be doing.

 > 3) On a network? NFS mounts don't seem to mind this abuse at all
 > is NFS-root not an option?

Not really - we have big enough HDs on each station, and it would be a
shame to waste them. Besides, we don't want to buy a new server for
the NFS-root.

--
Alex Shnitman
shnitman@mail.jct.ac.il, alexsh@linux.org.il