Re: More robust filesystem?

Hello Alex:

You could put a directive in your crontab to issue a sync
every 5 minutes of every hour of every day.

Peter

Alex Shnitman wrote:

> Hi.
>
> We're using Debian workstations in our labs, and as expected they
> rarely get shut down properly, many times they are just reset or
> switched off, either due to ignorance or not caring. The question is
> whether there is a way to configure the kernel to issue updates to the
> meta-data more frequently, even in expense of performance? Or what
> else can I do to keep the filesystems on the workstations more stable,
> in addition to user educating on which we're of course working?
>
> --
> Alex Shnitman
> shnitman@mail.jct.ac.il, alexsh@linux.org.il
> http://alexsh.home.ml.org
>
> --
begin:          vcard
fn:             Peter Iannarelli
n:              Iannarelli;Peter
org:            GenX Internet Laboratories Inc.
adr:            20 Madison Ave.;;;Toronto;Ontario;M5R 2S1;Canada
email;internet: Peter.Iannarelli@genxl.com
title:          Engineer
tel;work:       1+ 416 929 1885
tel;fax:        1+ 416 929 1056