Re: Digital Camera

On Sat, 10 Oct 1998 paulwade@greenbush.com wrote:

:I understand that the Sony Mavica series write *.jpg files to a standard
:md-dos formatted 1.44 mb floppy. This means that you could go out and
:shoot thousands of pictures without having a laptop. Correct me if I'm
:wrong but if I'm right send me one for Christmas. Since linux is happy
:with ms-dos floppies, this seems like a good solution.
:
:If anyone knows of a great price on this type of camera, I would love to
:hear about it.

Mavicas do indeed use regular floppies, and pix come out quite nicely. I
would love to get one for Christmas myself, but they seem to be in $600+
range, so I'd have to be utterly saintly to get that :) Pix appear to be
about 80K jpegs (YMMV) so you can fit quite a few on a single floppy (only
to discover that the floppy is bad ;)

---
I'm in direct contact with many advanced fun CONCEPTS.

D'jinnie/Jinn, encountered on IRC and select MU**. (jinn@irony.org)
finger jinn@irony.org for PGP public key