Re: Digital Camera

On Sat, 10 Oct 1998, D'jinnie wrote:

> Mavicas do indeed use regular floppies, and pix come out quite nicely. I
> would love to get one for Christmas myself, but they seem to be in $600+
> range, so I'd have to be utterly saintly to get that :) Pix appear to be
> about 80K jpegs (YMMV) so you can fit quite a few on a single floppy (only
> to discover that the floppy is bad ;)

After further investigation, our Kodak DC-210 uses a PCMCIA solid-state
flashdisk that looks like an ordinary pcmcia drive. Since Linux supports
PCMCIA IDE drives and since this looks just like a PCMCIA IDE drive with
the files stored in MSDOS FS format as jpeg files ... BINGO! It is
supported by Linux!

George Bonser

The Linux "We're never going out of business" sale at an FTP site near you!