Re: dfm ?

*-"tracheotomy_bob" <tracheotomy_bob@iname.com>

| Is anyone using dfm. I think I read in this group that it was a decent filemanager, anyway I followed a link and downloaded it, so I've just got a couple of question now. Is there anyway to modify the menus, it's not that I need to do it, I just want to know.
| It appears to me that dfm always runs as root. If I login as anyone I can read all files, everyone has access to root's directory. Now I know I'm fairly new to this lark but that doesn't seem right. Has anyone else noticed this?

This doesn't sound good. I don't use dfm myself, so I don't know.

| While I'm talking about X...is there any way to add an option to window menus along the lines of "Command prompt here..." I had a play but I couldn't figure it out.

I'm not sure I understand what menus you mean, but it is probably a
matter of configuring the window manager. Configuration is very
dependent of the particular wm. Which one are you using?

--
Eschew obfuscation    (go on; look them both up)
                                   (Brian White)