dfm ?

Is anyone using dfm. I think I read in this group that it was a decent filemanager, anyway I followed a link and downloaded it, so I've just got a couple of question now. Is there anyway to modify the menus, it's not that I need to do it, I just want to know.
It appears to me that dfm always runs as root. If I login as anyone I can read all files, everyone has access to root's directory. Now I know I'm fairly new to this lark but that doesn't seem right. Has anyone else noticed this?

While I'm talking about X...is there any way to add an option to window menus along the lines of "Command prompt here..." I had a play but I couldn't figure it out.