Re: Will pointing dselect to slink hose hamm system?

On: Tue, 06 Oct 1998 18:01:16 -0500 Kent West writes:

> If I go into the Method option of dselect and change my ftp source
> from stable to unstable, in order for me to download one package
> (gnome), will dselect try to download everything that's got a newer
> version to what I've got installed?
>
> In other words, how do I just get gnome (and its dependents) without
> messing up my hamm system and/or what dselect looks for in the
> future?

I would suggest installing apt first (it is in slink main, section
admin).  Then you can use "apt-get install <some package>" and it will
install all dependent packages too.  You should take a look to all
"high level" gnome packages you want to install (e.g.,
gnome-card-games, gnome-control-center, gnome-panel) and let the other
"low level" ones (such as gnome-core, myriads of libraries) install
automatically.

	Torsten