Will pointing dselect to slink hose hamm system?

If I go into the Method option of dselect and change my ftp source from
stable to unstable, in order for me to download one package (gnome), will
dselect try to download everything that's got a newer version to what I've
got installed?

In other words, how do I just get gnome (and its dependents) without
messing up my hamm system and/or what dselect looks for in the future?

Thanks.

Kent

Kent West, Technology Support
kent.west@infotech.acu.edu
Abilene Christian Univ., Abilene, TX
915-674-2557  FAX: 915.674.6724
Amateur Radio: KC5ENO
Debian Linux: Ride the wave with the penguins!