Is PPP needed for ISDN?

Dear Debs,

1) is PPP support needed for ISDN (which uses, as the documentation says,
   syncPPP instead)?
   At the moment, I have PPP as a module in the kernel and I am about to
   try an ISDN connection.

2) Is VJ compression advisable/irrelevant/dangerous? There are warnings
   against VJ in some ISDN-related scripts which I found in the WWW:
   if it is indeed not advisable, what is the purpose for this option in
   the kernel configuration?

Thank you,
Remo
| Dr. Remo Badii             | Paul Scherrer Institute   |
| Nonlinear Dynamics and     | 5232 Villigen PSI         |
| Stochastic Processes Group | Switzerland               |
| badii "at" psi.ch          | http://www1.psi.ch/~badii |