Acrobat Reader trouble.

Hello. My printing system has been working very well before I tried to
print something with Acrobat Reader. My configuration is the following:

Debian 2.0 + Ghostscript 5.5 + rhs-printfilters + Epson Stylus 400.

The rhs-printfilter was modified to use a uniprint driver instead of
stcolor, and I think that this is irrelevant any ways. Until today, I
was able to print nicely all kinds of postscript files and plain text,
either from command line or directly from applications. However, when I
tried to print a short PDF file with Acrobat reader, beginning with the
second page things looked strange. The words were frequently misplaced
and sometimes 2 words or 2 characters would be printed in a space where
only one word would fit. Basically one thing was printed over another
one rendering the document unreadable. I tried to print a different file
and had the same problem. Then, I converted those two files to gs ( with
cat file.pdf | acroread -toPostScript > file.ps )and printed them from
GV. It worked. That means that problems is in Acrobat Reader, not in any
other component of my printing system. Any one has ideas why that
strange thing happened? Is there a way to fix Acrobat Reader? Or may be
I messed up something else?